Makeup I've Been Using Lately
For this weeks blog I wanted to go over the makeup I've been using a lot lately. This makeup is what I've been using probably in the last couple of months consistently.
I've been pretty much only using the new Wet N Wild Photo Focus Dewy Foundation. I use the shade either shell ivory or soft ivory, I have both and both work good for me. Like a lot of the other reviews have mentioned, this foundation really is a good everyday foundation. It's not heavy, it doesn't really feel like makeup. I wouldn't say its super long lasting, but it gets you through the day.
The other foundation I've been using a bit, just here and there. Is the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation Similar to the Wet N Wild one just a really good everyday foundation. Again, it's lightweight and comfortable. I think this foundation is a bit more long lasting the Wet N Wild foundation. This foundation cost more than Wet N Wild, but I do think this foundation wears better and longer.
I've been wearing both the ELF 16 Hour Camo Concealer in the matte version and the hydrating version. I've honestly been wearing this concealer probably the last year 😂 It's such a good and affordable concealer! I don't know how anyone would buy a different concealer or spend a lot of money on them. The hydrating one is just a little bit hydrating. There's definitely a difference between the two concealers. I just don't want you buying the hydrating version thinking it's super hydrating is all. Both are incredible though tons of coverage, little bit goes a long way. I wear both equally and love them both and will be repurchasing them.
The only contour product I've been using is the CYO Sweep Into Shape Contour stick in fair/medium. I got this product because it was more cool toned a lot of the other ones I've had were all pretty orange looking on me. But this CYO one is more cool toned and affordable. I'm not sure you can get this in store anymore? I've heard rumors that CYO might be discontinuing their brand or discontinuing some products? But online it looks like it's still available.
Another good affordable option is from Wet N Wild Megaglo Makeup Stick in Oaks On You. This is a good contour or even bronzer too. This Wet N Wild one is more warm toned, but really not that bad. A little bit goes a long and way and after you blend it out it looks really nice. I've been trying to use up the CYO one first then start using this Wet N Wild one again. Both are cream contour sticks. I think the cream products have been looking better and healthier on my skin.
This is of course a recommendation from Jessica Braun 😂 It's the No7 Lift and Luminate Triple Action Translucent Finishing Powder in the shade Light. I started using this about a month ago and have been really enjoying it for the same reasons she mentions in her videos. It flattens the under eye and brightens it a bit. I like this powder because I've been liking just overall less powder, it's so perfect for under the eye. And if you need a bit for all over for setting the face, or a bit of brightening this is great for that also. It doesn't look crapy or anything.
I started using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer a couple of months ago. I've owned it for a long time, but just started using it again and I forgot how amazing this primer is. I shower everyday after I workout with my makeup on and when I get out of the shower my eyeshadow is still on. This makeup is still on after SCRUBBING my eyelids for 5 minutes straight with a scrubber, tons of soap, I've even used exfoliating cubes on my eyelids and this makeup is still not all of the way off after I shower. That's how good this Milani eyeshadow primer is. I end up using that Albolene moisturizing cleanser I've talked about in another blog. That stuff is the only stuff that gets my makeup off completely. I swear by both of these products!
Eyeshadow Palettes And Single Eyeshadows:
- There's a lot in this category so I might miss some so sorry! But I'm trying over here haha! I've been using the Colourpop Going Coconuts palette a ton this is probably the only big palette I've been using a lot. The shimmers are right up my alley and I love the warm and cool toned options in it. Just a great palette that has everything I want in it.
- Both the ELF Bit Sized Eyeshadow in Rose Water and Cream and Sugar both are nice and small simple palettes! Perfect for traveling and I love that you don't have to think about what colors to use they're nice and small so it's always just a couple of shadows and you're good to go!
- Some single shadows I've been really into lately are the L'Oreal Chromatic Bronze Loose Pigment in As If. It looks like they don't sell that shade anymore, but the one I linked is pretty close to it. This loose pigment is honestly just stunning, a perfect beautiful wash of color on the eyelid every time I wear it I get compliments on it.
- Some others I've been wearing a lot are the Colourpop Super Shock Shadows I have a lot of different colors in this one. Some that I have are Amaze, Cosmic Charge and Frog. I think these are great single shadows just on their own or great topper shades. I typically have been wearing these just one shadow all over my lid and calling it a day!
- A couple of shadows I just recently got and have used only a few times but really loving the look I'm getting with it. Of course these are recommendations from Jessica Braun, but she's right these shadows are great single eyeshadows. It's the L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Shadow in Amber Rush. This single shadow looks phenomenal on it's own just all over the lid is absolutely beautiful. I was shook with how pretty it was on it's own.
- The second one I just got and used, I think only once, but was amazed at how good it looks is the Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Dusty Rose. This is another really pretty wash of pink/coral color all over the lid. I used this shade all over the lid on it's own and I thought it was simple and pretty I'm so happy I purchased these two single shadows. I've been loving single eyeshadows on their own all over the lid and mascara, nothing else.
The only mascara I've been using is the Essence Volume Stylist 18HR Lash Extension I think this mascara is alright 🤷🏻♀️ it gets the job done. I don't think it's anything revolutionary. I feel like it doesn't hold my curl really well or at least very long. That's really my only complaint with it, but it's black and it has that fluttery look and separates my lashes nicely. So therefore I can't complain it gets the job done and it's affordable! So if you're in a pinch I suggest giving it a shot.
That's everything I've been wearing lately and what I plan on traveling with soon. If you're wondering why I didn't list a face primer, a setting spray, an eyeliner or brow product is because I really haven't been using those the last 2-3 months. I've been noticing and even thinking lately that these steps are just extra steps where I'm not noticing a huge difference. I could be wrong, but as of right now in my makeup routine, I'm looking for quick, easy, simple makeup routine. And those steps are just an extra step where I really don't notice a big difference. So I'd rather just skip them most of the time.
But this has been a really fun blog post I would love to film a video like this at some point just a good chit chat get ready with me showing you all of the affordable makeup I've been using in my routine.
I'll see you guys in the next blog post!